The members of our infrastructure support team an integral part of Fanatics success. They maintain all technology hardware/software in use at Fanatics.
The systems administrator will be responsible for all Windows servers and applications. This includes:
- Expert knowledge in designing, administering, and troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems (2003 and 2008) including AD, file server permissions, group objects, printer management and event log troubleshooting.
- Monitor performance and resource utilization of physical servers, virtual servers, SANs, etc. Identify resource and performance issues; make and implement recommendations to resolve those issues
- Perform basic System Administration functions for Windows Servers. These tasks include hardware installation, OS installation, OS configuration, Driver updates, Firmware updates, and Windows Updates/Patch installation
- Perform installation, configuration, and administration functions for various Enterprise Applications including Active Directory, MS IIS, MS Exchange Server, MS SharePoint Server, MSTerminal Server, MS SQL Server, MS Biztalk Server, Commvault Enterprise Backup, and VMware ESX
- Install and configure VMware ESX servers. Manage the VMware environment including creating VMs, managing VMs, installing ESX patches, etc
- Manage and resolve Enterprise Application issues
- Develop documentation on system administration processes, procedures and systems diagrams. Assist in educating others in the IT Department as well as End-users
- Perform all work in accordance with established security standards and enforce those established security standards to satisfy compliance requirements (PCI-DSS and Sarbanes-Oxley)
- On Call Rotation and occasional after hours work is required. This is estimated at an average of 30 minutes per night from home. In addition, the Systems Administrator may be asked to work odd hours or on the weekend as the business requires.
- Prior experience with Tripwire Enterprise Console, Tripwire Log Center, or MS Systems Center Operations Manager is a plus.
- Prior experience with VMware’s vCloud Director a huge plus.
Education & Experience Requirements
Solid experience managing large installations of Windows Server in a distributed Active Directory structure is a must. Working knowledge of IIS and SQL Server also required. Windows clustering, load balancing, EMC SAN management, and VMware are all pluses.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
As this will be a highly autonomous position, the ideal candidate will have analytical skills and a desire to learn the business processes that they will be supporting. The candidate must be able to interact with end business users and application developers.
If you are interested in applying for this position, Click Here.